Thursday, November 11, 2010

A way with words

This is a paragraph or two from the book Shantaram that I recommend all to read.

 I couldn't explain that love to Karla, or anyone else, including myself.  I never believed in love at first site until it happened to me.  Then, when it did happen, it was as if every atom in my body had been changed, somehow: as if I had become charged with light and heat.  I was different,forever, just for the sight of her.  And the love that opened in my heart seemed to drag the rest of my life behind it, from that moment onward.  I heard her voice in every lovely sound the wind wrapped around me.  I saw her face in brilliant mirrored flares of memory, everyday.  Sometimes, when i thought of her, the hunger to touch and kiss her and to breathe a cinnamon-scented minute of her black hair clawed at my chest and crushed the air in my lungs.  Clouds, heavy with their burden of monsoon rain, massed above the city, above my head, and it seemed to me in those weeks that all grey heaven was my brooding love.  The mangroves trembled with my desire.  And at night, to many nights, it was my restive sleep that rolled and turned the sea in lusted dreaming, until the sun each morning rose with love for her.

I am constantly rapped up in this book and feel his thoughts as if they are my own, for my love.  He sure has a way to talk of this thing called love.

Live and love
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment